A College and Career Readiness Group
Thank you for your interest in the Health Care Ambassadors program with YWCA Minneapolis. This is a program for girls and non-binary youth (grades 9-12) interested in the health care field and passionate about advocating for accessible health care.
- Explore health care areas of study and career paths
- Examine inequities and advocacy in health care
- Meet and learn from women in the medical community
- Opportunities to volunteer, job shadow and intern
- Your enrollment covers snacks and bus tokens
Requirements and Commitments:
- Currently enrolled in school in the Twin Cities Metro area
- Be in grades 9-12 in the 2021-2022 school year
- Commit to attending bi-weekly meetings at YWCA Midtown on Thursdays from 4:30 — 6:30 pm, December 2, 2021 — May 19, 2022, with breaks for holidays. Dates are subject to change. Staff will be in touch with applicants in early fall with updates
- Be able to provide feedback and participate in program evaluations
Applications are due by Sunday, November 7, 2021. Applicants will be notified by November 19.
Health Care Ambassador Application